There are very good teachers however there are more teachers who don''t know how to teach or become better at teaching kids. For example, for the past 7 years I've had 5 good teachers who stands out and the other 18 were hard to follow and no one understood their lessons.
Here are a few tips to the problems that teachers face-
- When students asks a question and teachers don't know the answer - When teachers ignore a question they might make a kid think it was a bad question and they will never ask it again so they never learn it
- Teachers don't need to know everything. They can always say phrases like "let's learn together' so that kids get encouraged not only to think but also to understand what they are learning.
- Poster boards, Power point presentations all the time? -
- Time to be creative - Use things kids like
- Kids like to use technology this could easily make a lesson fun
- I've noticed is some of my classmates like hands on activities rather then writing a paragraph on how to live life in medieval times.
- Take help - have parents teach how to program or build for a day or other educators come and do a workshop
- Teachers need to get updated with the subjects they are teaching
- Have teachers attend training programs every quarter which will improve their knowledge in the subject they are teaching